NOTICE OF ELECTION
1. An Election is to be held for a Member of Parliament for Bury St Edmunds.
2. Nomination papers for the Parliamentary Election may be obtained at West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU from the (Acting) Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered to the (Acting) Returning Officer, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU on any day after the date of this notice between the hours of 10am and 4pm but no later than 4pm on Thursday 14th November 2019.
4. The £500 deposit can be paid by legal tender or by means of a banker’s draft from a drawer which carries on business as a banker in the United Kingdom. The deposit may alternatively be made by electronic transfer to West Suffolk Council.
5. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 12th December 2019.
6. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday 26th November 2019.
7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU by 5pm on Tuesday 26th November 2019.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU by 5pm on Wednesday 4th December 2019.
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU by 5pm on Thursday 12th December 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 4th December 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 4th December 2019.
Dated Friday 8th November 2019 Ian Gallin
Acting Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Acting Returning Officer, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU
CO-OPTION - PARISH COUNCILLOR - September 2019
FOR OLD NEWTON WITH DAGWORTH & GIPPING PARISH COUNCIL
Following 4 candidates standing for the position of Cllr for the Parish Council and a vote being taken, the position was offered and has been accepted by Mr Will Ratcliffe. The village is very lucky to have received 4 candidates for 1 vacancy and it says a lot about our village and our community. The Parish Council would like to thank all candidates who offered their time and service to the village and welcome Will as the newest member of the parish council.
Parish Clerk Contact Details
Karen Hall-Price, Lynwood, Grove Road, Brockdish, Diss, IP21 4JP.
Telephone: 01379 668798 / 07812 105228 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parish Clerk has moved home address effective from 28th January 2019. Please ensure all correspondence for the Parish Council is sent to the new address of the Clerk.
For minutes and agendas (where these are available) they can be found on this website or please contact the clerk. The Agenda is also displayed on the notice board outside the the Village Shop in Finningham Road. Please note that the minutes will only be available once they have been approved. For items to be included on the agenda please write or email to the Clerk at the above contact details.
Joint Mid Suffolk District Council Ward Members (Green Party) for the Ward of Haughley, Stowupland & Wetherden – including Old Newton (with Gipping and Dagworth)
Rachel Eburne - 01449 673311, email@example.com
Keith Welham - 01449 673185, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Cllrs for Old Newton following election May 2019 - Following the June Parish Council meeting the Parish Council are pleased to announce that two parishioners have been co-opted onto the Parish Council and welcome Mr Andrew Perkowski and Dr Michael Helliwell as our newest Parish Councillors with immediate effect.
New Cllr for Old Newton - The Parish Council is very pleased to announce that Mr James Harbidge has been co-opted onto the Parish Council for the position of Cllr for Old Newton (Sept 2017)
New Cllr for Old Newton - The Parish Council is very pleased to announce that Mr Tony Arnold has been co-opted onto the Parish Council for the position of Cllr for Old Newton (June 2017)
Broadband - Cllr Stringer and Mr Arnold have been informed that the Stowmarket P33 FTTP PON was made Customer Ready-for-Service (CRFS) on Monday 3rd April 2017. Please note, however, that it can take up to two weeks for retail service providers (RSPs) to recognise new structures that have been made CRFS, before the Retail Service Providers are able to accept orders. To avoid frustrations with the ordering process, it is recommended that people wait until after Easter before trying to place orders. Once an order is accepted, it usually takes about two weeks to get an appointment for an engineer to install customer premises equipment (CPE) and make the final fibre connection to the property. When ordering, customers should review the services and prices available from different retail service providers (ie shop around to get the best deal).
As well as a choice of retail service providers, customers will have a choice of speed, service bundle and price to suit their requirements. Those customer that wish to make telephone calls over the fibre connection, should order that facility at the same time as they order their broadband upgrade. Living rurally can present many challenges; Old Newton should shortly have one less obstacle to allow our businesses and home lives to thrive. If anyone would like Cllr Stringer to call and explain further please get in touch, he is happy to call on you at any time to suit you.
New Cllr for Old Newton - The Parish Council is very pleased to announce that Mr Richard Lawson has been co-opted onto the Parish Council for the position of Cllr for Old Newton (March 2017)
New Cllr for Gipping - The Parish Council is very pleased to announce that Mrs Kerry Baker has been co-opted onto the Parish Council for the position of Cllr for Gipping. (August 2016)
Housing Needs Survey - The Clerk has been provided by Community Action Suffolk (CAS) the results of our recent survey. The statistics that have come out are detailed below for information.
There are currently 15 households claiming a local connection on gateway to home choice. Indicating a combined need of up to 30 new houses. CAS recommendation would be to bring forward circa 10 new houses to begin with. The full report to be issued to all Cllrs, however it has been stressed that the owners of the report remains CAS and we are not allowed to share the full report. Anyone who believes they should be provided a full copy of the report need to contact Sunila Osborne at CAS where they can discuss / purchase a copy. The Parish Council's next step will be to arrange a meeting with the working committee and CAS to discuss possible sites within the village.
The Parish Council meets on the first Wednesday of the month in the
Woodward Room, The Village Hall, Church Road, at 7.30pm.
Everyone is welcome to attend and there is a public forum at the end of the meeting.